If not now, Then when ?
" AAJ KA TERA 'KASH', KAL KA TERA 'KAASH' NA BAN JAAYE !! " As smokers, we learn early on to put up a mental wall of denial between our smoking habit and the harsh reality of the damage we're inflicting on ourselves with every cigarette smoked.We tell ourselves lies that allow us smoke with some level of comfort. We say we have time to quit,that cancer doesn't run in our family,that we can quit any time we want to,that the bad things happen to other peop
le. And because smoking is typically a slow killer, those lies support the framework of our wall of denial for years and years.
Eventually though, most smokers find that the wall begins to crumble, and bit by bit, smoking becomes a fearful, anxious activity. This is when most smokers start seriously thinking about how they might find a way to quit smoking for good.
If you're thinking that it's time to quit smoking, or have just quit and need some motivation to keep going, use the smoking facts below to fuel the fire in your belly that will help you beat your smoking habit, once and for all.
Smoking Facts and Tobacco Statistics
1) There are 1.1 billion smokers in the world today, and if current trends continue, that number is expected to increase to 1.6 billion by the year 2025.
2) Worldwide, approximately 10 million cigarettes are purchased a minute, 15 billion are sold each day, and upwards of 5 trillion are produced and used on an annual basis.
3) Five trillion cigarette filters weigh approximately 2 billion pounds.
4) It's estimated that trillions of filters, filled with toxic chemicals from tobacco smoke, make their way into our environment as discarded waste yearly.
5) While they may look like white cotton, cigarette filters are made of very thin fibers of a plastic called cellulose acetate. A cigarette filter can take between 18 months and 10 years to decompose.
QUIT SMOKING, BEFORE IT QUITS YOU!