Here are our key arguments:
- The NMRHS band has a long history of success, winning more awards than anything else at the school including sports teams and clubs.
- Band students dedicate long hours of intensive practice all year round; the band room provides easy access for late night practices and easy parking for parents who are picking up or dropping off their children.
- The band rooms – six in total - are specifically designated to accommodate all of the band’s needs, including storage of instruments, uniforms, scaffolding, color guard equipment and sheet music. All of the rooms have been recently cleaned and rearranged to maximize storage efficiency by Mr. Bielik and the students themselves.
- The band room is soundproof in order to not distract students from their classes, while the ILC echoes and would disrupt productivity in both classes and the administrative offices, which are directly across from the ILC.
- The band room provides easy access to the stage, which the band students practice on every single day.
- It will cost more money to transfer the band to the ILC as the wall in the center of the room will have to be torn down to accommodate the amount of students.