To: Dorset County Council
WHY ARE YOU NOT OBJECTING? - 70 hectare Quarry and Landfill in Moors Valley Country Park.
We the undersigned are very disappointed that Dorset County Council has withdrawn conditionally their one & only direct objection to Hampshire County Council’s (HCC’s) proposals that will have a serious impact on:-
- Moors Valley Country Park
- Visitors to Moors Valley Country Park
- Our Open Spaces
- Displacement of recreational users to sensitive heathland
- Wildlife including Nightjars and Lizards
- The current Orienteering Course 1/3 lost
- The current bike trails 1/3 lost
- The only safe Cycle Way between Verwood and Ringwood for schoolchildren and local workers
- The only safe bridleway between Verwood and Ringwood
IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN THAT MITIGATION CAN BE EFFECTIVE IN THE HCC PLAN.
THERE IS NO OPERATOR. THERE ARE NO SET BUFFERS. THERE IS NO ADEQUATE QUANTITY OF FILL FOR RESTORATION. THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT. THE QUALITY OF SAND IS QUESTIONABLE.
We the undersigned would like a full explanation. Why do you appear to support these proposals to reduce the size of the third most visited park in England by 30%?
More information http://www.no2purplehaze.co.uk/news.html