is to inform policymakers and the public about the benefits of Medicaid
and what could happen to Texans if Medicaid were reduced or eliminated.We, the people of Texas, support Medicaid programs for 3,593,507 real Texans whose health, independence, and families are supported by Texas Medicaid: 2,605,893 children, 127,402 expectant mothers, 513,681 Texans with disabilities, 241,013 seniors – and the workers and professionals who assist them every day.(Source, Health & Human Services June 2011 Medicaid Enrollment)
- Health! Medicaid provides hospital, doctor and other health services to children, Texans with disabilities, older Texans and expectant mothers.
- Independence! Medicaid provides vital home and community based services that allow seniors and younger people with disabilities to live independently in their community.
- Families! Medicaid provides services that support families in caring for their children, including kids with significant disabilities!
- Jobs! Medicaid provides vital jobs for direct care workers, therapist, health care professionals and other industries!
- Educate Texans, Texas legislators, policymakers and Congress about the real people whose health, independence, families and jobs are supported by Texas Medicaid: children, mothers, Texans with disabilities, seniors—and the workers and professionals who assist them every day.
- Monitor and STOP damaging cuts, block grants, waivers or caps that will harm Texans, our families and our communities.
- Advocate for access to decent health care and community-based services and supports.
- Tell our leaders that deficit reduction and sustainable budgets MUST use a balanced approach that includes new revenues and does not rely on cuts alone. New revenues in the mix preserves the Medicaid, CHIP and Medicare services and supports that Texans count on.
For more information on "My Medicaid Matters" visit www.mmmtx.org