Proclamation of Unity
As the Syrian revolution continues forward towards its inevitable victory, we recognize that Syrian-Americans across all groups and organizations must enhance their efforts and become more efficient, collaborative and cooperative for the sake of our brothers and sisters in Syria.
To this end, we sign these five points of understanding to steer and direct our commitment towards each other, and the Syrian revolution:
- Unity: We are all working for the cause of a free Syria - grounded in dignity, justice and democracy
- Diversity: We will respect and appreciate our differences as Syria's diversity is the source of our strength
- Transparency: We are committed to organizing efforts in a transparent manner free of personal agendas
- Empowerment: We will foster a supportive, cooperative and inclusive environment for all groups & individuals across our network
- Professionalism: We commit to working with one another in a respectful and cooperative manner
- This proclamation was created by the Syrian Revolution Northeast Coordination Committee (SRNCC) - an adhoc committee of individuals representing existing Syrian-American groups dedicated to a free Syria.
- The individuals involved in the founding meeting of this committee (Oct. 6 2012) include leaders from: National Alliance for Syria, Syrian Americans for Democracy, Sawasia, Hand-in-Hand for Syrian Children, Human Rights General Committee, Syrian American Alliance, Syrian American Council, Syria First Coalition, Syrian Emergency Task Force, Syrian American Group.
- The hope is that all those in support of the revolution can sign-onto this proclamation, regardless of organizational affiliation. We recognize we all must, as individuals or groups, do a better job to support our brothers and sisters in Syria.